Stone walls and walkways built by local craftsmen welcome you home to this meticulously renovated mid-century gem tucked away just under a high point on an expansive 24.90-acre lot, overlooking a spring-fed pond which opens to lower fields bounded by Cedar Run for the entirety of its northeastern border. Step inside through either of the covered entrances to discover a thoughtfully designed three bedroom, two full and two half bath split-bedroom floor plan, perfect for both relaxation and entertainment. The heart of this home is a fully-equipped kitchen featuring stainless steel Bosch appliances, including an induction range, built-in microwave, and Silestone quartz countertops and backsplashes atop custom cabinetry from artisans Hazel Woodworking and Warrenton Custom Cabinetry. Under cabinet lighting is a helpful touch on late nights. A built-in bench borders an eat-in area in addition to room for bar seating. A propane connection for cooking is also piped to the stove area. The kitchen and its seating areas are delineated from the dining area and living room by custom built-in bookshelves, open to allow the spaces to function independently while still enabling conversation and sight lines into the light-filled conservatory at the rear of the home. Nearly 180 degrees of the conservatory are floor-to-ceiling windows with commanding views of the pond, fields, and creek below. Imagine gatherings flowing from under the frosted branch chandelier in this show-stopping room out to the spacious slate and brick back patio, or just choose to unwind in the cozy alcove adjacent to the conservatory while listening to the fire. The spacious primary bedroom is a retreat in itself, featuring a bay window framing views of the pond and surrounding forest. The en-suite bathroom (and entire home) is supplied by tankless hot water, and is outfitted with honed hexagonal marble tile under a Kohler soaking tub. It has Newport Brass and Grohe fixtures, and an oversized shower with a Turkish marble floor and niches inset with Carrera marble mosaic. The primary bedroom closet offers abundant light and space, ready to be customized to your personal needs. The lower level of the home offers practicality and convenience as the covered vestibule opens through French doors to the mudroom with coat hooks above built-in seating for removal of muddy boots, right next to the laundry room with wash sink and a flex room. A half bath and storage closet complete this level. The main level and additional upstairs bedrooms are easily accessed by stairs from the mudroom. Explore the path leading from the house down to the private pond, populated by large fish, while keeping an eye open for turkeys, deer, foxes and the occasional bear. With every detail carefully considered, from the double-hung, double-pane Marvin wood windows to the Currey & Company lumiÃ¨res, Grohe plumbing fixtures, and Emtek door handsets, this property truly demonstrates a refined offering in a natural setting rarely equaled so close to Town amenities. It is conveniently located just outside Warrenton town limits on the DC side, minutes from Old Town Warrenton, Airlie, Great Meadow, the Fauquier Springs Country Club, and other area attractions.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Transitional
2 Full/2 Half
Tankless Water Heater, LP Gas Water Heater, Well,
Hardi Plank, Mason, Stone, Brick
3,189 sq. ft
Onsite Telephone, Electric service available, Underground
Fauquier County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Dining Area
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen
- Microwave, Single Oven, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Dryer, Electric Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Appliance Center, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Marble, Ceramic Tile
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Wood. Heat Pump, Forced Air.
- Bay Window(s), Double Pane, Screened, Wood Frame
- 2. Brick, Mantle, Wood-burning.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- Main Entrance Locked, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Combination Living/dining Room, Crown Molding, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, Beamed, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- Private, Shared Driveway.
- Brick, Stone, HardeePlank
- Brick, Patio, Porch, Roof Deck
- Composition Shingle, Copper
- Lot View
- Trees/Woods, Pond
- Body of Water
- Cedar Run
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Exterior Lighting, Sidewalks, Landscaped, Side Yard, Trees. Backs To Trees, Cleared, Landscaping, Open, Pond, Private, Secluded, Sideyard(S), Stream/Creek, Trees/Wooded.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price